485 CASE IS PENDING CONSIDERATION

Sheboygan, WI |

I made an inquiry to customer service at uscis y to the after 6.5mths of filing 485.They responded in an email saying the case is still pending consideration but regret to tell me the time frame or how long it will take. I dont really understand this and not sure how long this usually takes. Also should i use infopass to go and find out or I should just keep waiting. what should I do?

1. What was the basis of the filing? employment or family based? This makes a difference because processing times are different for each. You can check actual processing times at www.uscis.gov for each service center and the type of case filed. Sometimes it takes 8 to 12 months depending upon the type of filing. Good Luck.

The answer provided is based only on information provided does not guarantee any outcome or establish attorney-client relationship and is intended solely for informational purposes only.

2. I agree with my colleague. Processing times vary depending upon several factors including the type of immigrant visa you are seeking, where the application was filed, were there any request for additional evidence, etc. You can check current processing times for your specific type of case at www.uscis.gov.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654, wendy@myatorneyusa.com, www.myattorneyusa.com. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

3. Not enough information to respond to your question. Is this a marriage-based, EB, or relative-based application? What issues were brought up at your interview?

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. It depends on the basis for your I-485.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics