Skip to main content

484(a) Pl- Petty Theft, 602 WIC

Torrance, CA |

17 Minor
State of California
Department store: Macy's
Previous record: clean
Amount: just over the $400 threshold
LP called in cops with a court date in two months.
Can't afford to pay the civil demand or hire an attorney.
What are our best options for our child now?
Can Macy's sue us because they called in the PD and would the court be more in favor of dismissal of the situation if we pay the civil demand? All the merchandise was returned with no damage. What's the worst and least amount of consequences we can get at court?

Attorney Answers 1


Hire an attorney ASAP. Dont pay any civil demand offered by Macy's. Best of luck.

Mark as helpful

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics