4 years ago I got a DUI in NJ and now I was just arrested for a DUI in GA. Will they count this as a 2nd DUI?

Asked 6 months ago - Atlanta, GA

I was just arrested for a DUI in GA..I spent all day in jail .. my license is suspended and my court date is not until July

1. Richard Scott Lawson

Pro

3

Answered . For drivers license purposes, if this is a first DUI on the Georgia license, it is be considered a first DUI. For punishment purposes it will be considered a second offense. You need to hire a qualified DUI lawyer.

2. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . The GA DDS will consider this a first offense as far as calculating your license suspension time. If the court knows about your prior from 4 years ago they will consider this new arrest a 2nd DUI within a 5 year period.

3. John Arnold Steakley

1

Answered . Yes and no. Yes for punishment, no for your license. When you say you were "just arrested" what do you mean? 3 days? 3 weeks?