4 people were murdered in Idaho years ago. The case was closed without a just investigation.

Asked over 1 year ago - Rigby, ID

There was a corrupt police force at the time, and many things were covered up. Threats were made to remaining family and community members, and some other people in our community were obviously protected. The case was closed, citing "suicide" as the cause of death, although the victims has multiple gunshot wounds to the head. The ruling on the case was published BEFORE any of the forensic evidence was reviewed by the labs. There was such an injustice done at that time, and some members of the community would like to have this case looked at again by a fresh, un-corrupted, investigator. Where does the community group start?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There may be no legal solution to your concern (and, remember, this Q&A is for legal questions) but two practical ideas are: 1) try to interest the Idaho Falls newspaper in some investigative reporting; and 2) remember that your county sheriff is an elected official, so in theory you could elect one willing to reopen the investigation. You do not mention how many "years ago" and I don't remember the situation, so be aware that time may not be on your side.

    Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. James Regan


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . For a not for profit group. Raise money. Hire a criminal defense attorney that does private investigations and wrongful death actions. NACDL.org

    Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,927 answers this week

3,181 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,927 answers this week

3,181 attorneys answering