Skip to main content

3rd DUI and hit a crash and injured other driver...excepted sentence?

Naperville, IL |

2 prior DUI's over 7 years ago...just got anther DUI---crashed into a car and other driver broke arm and it possible to get probation? what is likely prison sentence?

Attorney Answers 7

  1. This is serious, and should be asked of your Attorney. There is no way to give that answer without reviewing all the evidence, and talking with the prosecution.

    Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

  2. You need to retain counsel ASAP to review your options, discuss possible defenses and sentences.

  3. There is a real possibility of jail here. You need a criminal defense attorney immediately!

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  4. You need a lawyer - badly. Do not discuss your case further in this public forum or with anyone other than your lawyer. You are fortunate that there are some excellent DUI defense attorneys in your area, including one of the top notch DUI lawyers in Illinois. You can locate many qualified attorneys by calling your local bar association or by clicking on the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of this page.

  5. Third DUI, with accident and injury to others. You have a need to engage the most experienced DUI attorney your budget will permit you to obtain. Secure counsel now.,

  6. Yes, on third DUI with personal injury of that magnitude, the potential incarceration is measured in years, not days, weeks, or months. On the other hand, DUIs where there is an accident involved can be difficult for the prosecution to prove. I have won many of these over the years. You are going to need an experienced Criminal defense trial lawyer, not somebody's brother in law who does real estate closings, but will do your case for a discount.

  7. You are probably going to be charged with a felony. Get an attorney ASAP who handles cases where this happened.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics