3rd Degree Grand Theft Sentence

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

What is the sentence usually for somebody with absolutely no record being charged with 3rd degree grand theft in broward florida?

If I had a third degree theft and was on probabtion but I violated by testing positive for marjuanna plus I could not get a job and was unabe to pay my fines...how much time or the outcome of my situation be?

1. Generally, someone with no prior record who is charged with Grand Theft, is looking at a probationary sentence so that they can pay back restitution to the alleged victim. That individual may also be eligible for a diversionary program, such as Pretrial Intervention. You should contact an attorney in the Broward County area and discuss your case with him/her.

2. I agree with attorney Plotnick that you would be looking at some form of a probationary sentence. I would also recommend contacting an attorney in Broward County to look into the possibility of applying for the State's pretrial intervention program. If you can get the charged dismissed, or at least avoid a conviction, then you may have the option of getting your record sealed or expunged at a later point in time. Good luck.