Skip to main content

34 weeks pregnant when stopped on the intersate the car behind did not stop and rear ended us twice.

Salt Lake City, UT |

Im 5"8, was about 180 pds, sitting passanger with my 6 year old son behind me in a small 2 door yaris. My baby was much smaller than the other child. I have horrible knots and pain in my groin. MRI said buldging at c3/c4, herniation at t3-t8 and buldge at l4,l5. When I became pregnant, I left my military job. I thought I might get something part time in the evening and try to continue college by taking some at online courses. I started seeing a chiro right away, with my son. Baby was born and about 1 month later, my body started to ache, throb, burn in places all over. My life has been turned upside down with all the injections,medications and I am still not doing any better. Being a stay at home mom doesn't pay much, is there any type of benefits I could be recieving. Already maxed 20k

Person insured has a 300k bodily injury, if I decide to not have surgery, but live my life having to stretch all day every day and take medications, what are we looking at. At this point, I still haven;t been able to get strong enough with PT to pick up my 9 month old baby higher than my sterman, any lifting causes pain that moves into my shoulder. BEcause I dont have insurance and the medications, medical bills, daycare and gas costs, just to go to all the appt, Im broke. I dont want to take the first settlement that comes my way, Its been one year since the accident. Can an attorney ask them how much they would pay at this point, but I wouldn't have to take it. I am really trying to reach a platuea on my pain. I has been worsening and spreading still. Any advice on replacement benefits or anything. Cleaning and caring for my children never used to be painful chores, they used to be my daily activities and I love playing with my kids. But I can barely do those things. Ive become very depressed

Attorney Answers 8

  1. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have been having. You really should find a local area personal injury attorney in your area who could help you with this claim. You need to be having good medical treatment for you and your child. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free initial consultation. I would suggest meeting with a couple of attorneys and then choosing one you feel confident in and comfortable with. I truly wish you the very best luck.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  2. There are a lot of issues at play in your accident and treatment. Sorry to hear about the accident, that is never a fun situation to be put in. One of the things That a good personal injury attorney could do is assist in getting providers to deal with bills and to reduce bills. I would be more than happy to spend an hour on the phone with you going over these issues and provide you with my opinion and recommendations. There are more questions raised than I could answer in this reply box.

  3. Retain a personal injury lawyer to resolve this. Find one with a low contingency fee, less than 30%, so you don't get hurt twice. Good luck.

  4. I am so sorry to hear about this collision that completely changed your life. As the other attorneys have advised, you need an attorney to advocate for you and fully advise you of your rights. The insurance company will never be fair to you. Call a local personal injury attorney right away so that you won't have to continue dealing with all of this by yourself. Most initial consultations are free.

    Merry Fountain is licensed to practice law in Indiana. She can be contacted at 1-888-242-HURT. This is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is legal education intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. If the question does not include important timeframes and facts the answer could change. Merry Fountain strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state.

  5. You should consult with a local personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Consultations are generally free.

  6. You can claim for past medical costs, future medical costs, past lost wages, future lost wages, and other household costs. You have been injured as the result of someone else's negligence and you probably have a viable claim. We attorneys are in the know of how to have cases like your's worked up properly meaning seeing the right physicians and managing the costs of your care. You should contact an attorney ASAP.

    This communication does not create an attorney / client relationship.

  7. I know you are in a difficult financial situation and am sorry that you are currently stuck in this place. What you describe is quite serious and depending on your ability to work in the future your damages may be greater than the policy limits of the policy. Permanent inability to work or decreased ability to work would be a part of your damages and it adds up a lot.

    You need an attorney who knows which doctors you should see and how to gauge the amounts you can claim and assist you in determining a settlement amount. You should meet with an attorney immediately. I would be happy to meet with you if you would like.

    Providing this answer does not form an attorney-client relationship. Most legal questions are exceedingly fact-sensitive and therefore this answer is a best-guess based on the information you provide. You should consult an attorney licensed in your state to further discuss your matter.

  8. You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

    This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics