30 day notice given on Feb 1, 2013; therefore I must vacate on Sat 3-2-2013. Will I owe prorated rents for the days in March?

San Diego, CA |

I am confused as the a 30 day notice when the month has less than 30 days in it, please advise.

1. Yes. The LL is entitled to rent for each day of your occupancy. If you don't pay the LL, she/he is entitled to take it out of the security deposit.

Hope that helped!

Thomas A. Schaeffer, Esq. Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216, San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org This posting is provided for "informational purposes" only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principals discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different States.

Landlord-tenant law topics