Skip to main content

3 year or 10 year ban???

Hayward, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband was deported for 10 years. So he thinks. I have no paperwork stating how long his ban is for. He stayed in the U.S illegally for less than 180 days so I'm not sure how long his ban is for. I called USCIS and they said to call the U.S Embassy in my husbands country to find out. Is that true? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attorney Answers 1


If he was ordered deported by an Immigration Judge, he is subject to a 10-year bar unless he obtains an I-212 waiver.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

13 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics