3 preliminary hearing subpoena's , dated for the day after the defendant is in court.

Lincoln, CA |

I along with others witnessed a severe crime, we all got our first pre-lim subpoena, and you have to call a recorder the night before, to see if the case is going to court. The recorder stated it was not going to court! The second one same thing. The third one some called and the case was going, and other called and said the recording said it wasn't going. They never called any of us anyway!! The case was already in court before the first subpoena was even sent. After I looked at court records, I matched up my subpoenas with the day the defendant was in court, and all of them were for the day after. For instance he was in court on June25th, subpoena would be for June 26th, he was in court on Aug 6th, subpoena was for Aug 7th. The last subpoena, he had already taken a plea.

There doesn't appear to be a question here.

Having said that, the date(s) someone else is in court are not really relevant to a subpoena. The subpoena says a person must be in court on a certain date, then that person must be prepared to go to court on that date...no matter what the status of anyone else (including the parties).

Reliance on any information in this website is at the sole risk of the user and the user understands that he or she should consult with an attorney before taking a course of action based upon information contained in this website. The information on this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I don't understand the question.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

I assume you were sub'd by the DA. Call the DA handling the case. If it isn't on the subpoena the DA's office will tell you who it is. Ask him/her the status of the case and when you have to appear. Otherwise, you must continue to respond as listed on a properly served subpoena.

No question- but it appears that you were on call to return to court when your testimony was needed .

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777