3 neighbors that have made it their goal to harass /slander me and even go as far as telling everyone I have mental problem.

Asked over 1 year ago - Watauga, TX

I was once the neighborhood watch caption- and an employee of the city & Police Dept.I witnessed my neighbor steal construction sign & tossed it in his truck. Called my boss to report it to him-he dispatched patrol-however they came to my home first instead of going to his house- thus started the hatred in the neighborhood. He was fined $300.00 for theft of city property,then fined an additional $500.00 for profanity in public in front of women and children an 1897 law which is still on the books ,for he came down to my home and started cursing me using the"C" word and his famous word"F" bomb. He has then said he'll hire some Mexicans to kidnap me take me to North Side and beat the living hell out of me for no woman gets one on him. Sad part is I am nowhere on that report. I live in fear

Additional information

I have since then stopped being in the Neighborhood Crime Watch Program, It has been a curse .After that he tried to sue me for slander and loss of business in the amount of $84,000.00 said I was telling his customers he did bad work and that he did drugs all of which I had not done, he has a small appliance and repair business, I have no idea who his customers are and none of my concerns, he has in the past made it known to everyone here in the neighborhood he does pot, public knowledge,he has on many occasions come to my home to harass me and my brother-even when my brother was on his death bed and he said he didn't give a shit if my brother died.
Constant harassment and no help from police department in or on this matter nor from my husband either. now it's his ex-wife, her friends and the other neighborhood women. All bulling me.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Adam Kielich

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You spoke of one person but the question started out with three neighbors. Where do the other two fit?

    Based on the facts provided, your most logical approach is to obtain a restraining order.

  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Whenever a person is threatened with being kidnapped, they should call the police. A restraining order would be a good call.

  3. Tanya Marie Bachand

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can't do anything about the fact that he is a jerk, however, threatening kidnapping is a whole other kettle of fish, that requires police intervention.

    This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,949 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,949 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering