3 Day Notice, how to count the days?

Asked over 3 years ago - Hollywood, FL

Hello, so I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with a simple question I have...

My tenant's lease expired today, however, he is not leaving, even though proper non-renewal notice was given.

Questions:
1. Can I serve him with a 3 day notice to leave the property tomorrow (Sunday) or do I have to wait for Monday?

2. What date should I put on my 3 Day Notice? should I state on the notice that he needs to leave by Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday???

That's about it... thank you

By the way, will I be able to discount from the tenant's deposit rent for the days he is staying at the property after the expiration of the lease? or do I have to court to claim that? (my lease is silent about holdover tenancy and how this additional "rent" will be charged)

1. Dennis Andrew Chen

Pro

Answered . A three day notice has to provide three days to pay. So giving him notice on Saturday for payment on Sunday does not provide three days notice. Also, the three day period does not include Saturdays, Sundays or legal holidays.