2nd step online debtor education session

Asked 12 months ago - Fort Worth, TX

Hi,
I will be going to court on July 24, I did my 1st step online credit session my question is do I have to take the 2nd step online debtor education session before or after going to court.. Thanks.

1. Matthew Scott Berkus

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . By going to court, I will assume you mean the 341 meeting of creditors. As stated, you need to do it within 45 days of filing your case. Most people will do the course prior to the 341 meeting of creditors.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

4

1

Answered . You must take the 2nd class within 45 days of filing your bankruptcy petition.

3. Susan Green Taylor

2

1

Answered . I believe the law is that you must take the post-filing 2 hour class within 45 days of filing your case. But, in our jurisdiction, they will accept it anytime before discharge.

4. Gary D. Bollinger

Pro

1

Answered . In Eastern District of MO, where I practice, the 45 day is law more honored in the breach than the observance: if it is filed before the closing of the case, it would suffice.