2nd offense driving without license.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Springfield, MA

Alright, First off I am on probation. Just the other day i was pulled over and received a citation paper with criminal applicant checked off. Its been over 2 years since the last time i was pulled over for driving without a license. The pulled me over for revoked reg and uninsured. The reg was canceled the day before. So now i am stuck between appealing it or just going before a judge. The biggest problem is if i get a vop i have a 3 year suspended sentence. My P.O. has always been nice and lenient with me. Im just trying to get through this without the vop. Any advice please?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Neila J Straub

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . You should clear up the registration and insurance immediately. Depending on your record with the court, the judge may let you off with a "continuance without a finding" or a dismissal upon payment of court costs. Of course, if the three year sentence is for motor vehicle related offenses, the court may not be so lenient. If your P.O. Goes to bat for you, s/he may recommend you just be restored to probation, although a criminal conviction is a technical violation. You can also ask the court to not hear the VOP until the current case is resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,289 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,289 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering