Skip to main content

2nd extension for my dui classes and unfinished fine,

Santa Clarita, CA |

I have failed to finish some of my classes i only need 4 more left and have to pay a 400 dollar fine, I was put in calandar already to see the judge. I have dropped out of my DUI classes and this is my second time. I already finished my community service and couldnt pay the fine cause i am currently out of work right now and had to drop my classes to my dad being sick, he is blind partialzy paralized and diabeteic, i also go to dialisis with him due to his condition and have no time to finish anything, i always have to be with him incase he gets another stroke and have to be there for him. I do not have a bench warrant or anything like that but this is my second time to see the judge to get an extension. my mom works for 8 to 9 pm and im scared i will go to jail.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Explain your situation to the judge. If there are any medical records you can provide the judge (if the Judge will look at them) it may help. You will need to get DUI school reinstated and completed, or the court will likely revoke your probation. Sorry to hear that you are going through some difficult times. Keep your head up and things will get better.

    Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

  2. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, and I know that this matter probably seems trivial at this point. However, failing to finalize this will cause you troubles you don't want.

    Talk to the judge, explain your situation, and it's likely he gives you a fairly reasonable plan.

  3. Explain the situation to the judge and hope.

    Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

DUI court topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics