2nd b1 visa about to expire. Can I apply for a 3rd one?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Hello.

I have been in the united states on and off since June 2011. My second b1 visa is about to expire and i wish to apply for a 3rd one.

I am over here on business and have been since 2011. In that time I have been home which is England 4 times. Each time spend 1-2 months at home. Each time I have been back to the USA I have required further contracts for my employer back in the UK.
I work in the oil and gas industry and these past couple of years have been very good for business.

Do you see any issue with me receiving a 3rd b1 visa when it expires? I plan on only being home for 1 month which is what my employer wishes to.

Kind regards

Craig Whitfield

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You can have 55 of them or more, consecutively as long as you qualify each time.

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . Yes, you should be eligible. You may wish to file for a B1 in lieu of H1b.

3. Miroslava Orduno Rincon

2

Answered . I am honestly surprised you have not ran into issues with CBP yet. While developing business as you state is a legitimate B-1 purpose, you seem to have spent significant time in the United States for the past 2 years. An attempt to obtain a new B-1 can certainly be made, though I would put the likelihood of success 50-50 AT best and only because you are a UK Citizen. Perhaps it is time for your employer to contact an immigration attorney to determine if an L-1 or E-2 visa might be more appropriate. Maybe even a B-1 in lieu of H-1 might work, though it is not the most beloved visa category for Consulates or CBP.