29 turning 30 immigration

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi my name is susan i'm 29 going on 30 in two months,no criminal back ground,high school graduate and here in the u.s since age 11,I'm I still eligble for the president law thanks

1. 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law.

2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

3. I will be updating http://engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-young-immigrants as details become available.

4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. It's a good question. The policy memorandum says "is not above the age of 30" but it does not say upon what date. It seems at least arguable that the date is the date the memo was released. I would continue to follow it if I were you and would work with an attorney. My firm will be handling such cases in NYC area.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. There is no guidance but depending on when they start taking applications you should try as you were under 30 on June 15th.

4. It appears that the effective date will be June 15, so if you were under 30 on that date, you should qualify. You should consult with experienced immigration attorney now about the process.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.