29 turning 30 immigration

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hi my name is susan i'm 29 going on 30 in two months,no criminal back ground,high school graduate and here in the u.s since age 11,I'm I still eligble for the president law thanks

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

3

Answered . It's a good question. The policy memorandum says "is not above the age of 30" but it does not say upon what date. It seems at least arguable that the date is the date the memo was released. I would continue to follow it if I were you and would work with an attorney. My firm will be handling such cases in NYC area.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

2. Gintare Grigaite

3

Answered . It appears that the effective date will be June 15, so if you were under 30 on that date, you should qualify. You should consult with experienced immigration attorney now about the process.

3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

3

Answered . There is no guidance but depending on when they start taking applications you should try as you were under 30 on June 15th.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law.

2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

3. I will be updating http://engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-yo... as details become available.

4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.