29 turning 30 immigration

Asked over 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hi my name is susan i'm 29 going on 30 in two months,no criminal back ground,high school graduate and here in the u.s since age 11,I'm I still eligble for the president law thanks

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's a good question. The policy memorandum says "is not above the age of 30" but it does not say upon what date. It seems at least arguable that the date is the date the memo was released. I would continue to follow it if I were you and would work with an attorney. My firm will be handling such cases in NYC area.
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
  2. Gintare Grigaite

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It appears that the effective date will be June 15, so if you were under 30 on that date, you should qualify. You should consult with experienced immigration attorney now about the process.

    Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal... more
  3. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no guidance but depending on when they start taking applications you should try as you were under 30 on June 15th.

  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . 1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law.

    2. USCIS has yet to announce how the application process will be carried on.

    3. I will be updating http://engnishimura.com/faqs/deferred-action-yo... as details become available.

    4. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,034 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,034 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering