25658 (a) Furnish alcohol to minor Misdemeanor, what to do?

Asked about 1 year ago - El Segundo, CA

Hello,
I am a Foreign Citizen 46 without criminal record, live in Europe and the US and I'm on a P-4 Visa.
I went to a gas station, 2 guys asked me to help them out with getting a 6pack of beer (Yes they told me their age, 20 & 19). They where friendly, physically fit & sober grown ups for me and I thought it is not a big deal. Was not aware that it is a big deal in the US, in Europe we are allowed to buy beer with 16.
After I gave the guys the 6pack the cops arrested me and later handed me the notice to appear.
Can somebody give me a rough estimate how much it would cost to hire a lawyer for this case?
Thank you and all the best

1. Meagan Elizabeth Melanson

1

1

Answered . All lawyers have different ways that they price their cases. Your best bet in getting a solid answer to this question is to contact an attorney directly and discuss your case with them to get an idea of how much it would cost you. Additionally, many attorneys, including myself, offer a free 30-minute consultation regarding your case. I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!
    Also, in the future, please be careful discussing the specific details of your case with anyone other than your attorney.

2. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

Answered . Ms Melanson is correct. The charge is a misdemeanor, so it has some consequences.

Attorney's have different price packages. Most of them offer free consultations. If one works for you I recommend using them.

Good luck

Law Offices of Mark Deniz
    1010 2nd Avenue, Suite 2307, San Diego, California 92101 (858) 751-4384
    Free Case Evaluation- Serving all San Diego County. www.denizdefense.com

3. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

Answered . Consult with some local attorneys and compare prices. Also make sure that your attorney understands what outcome you will need to avoid a problem with your visa. Unfortunately, not knowing the law and cultural differences aren't real defenses against this charge.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
    http://www.idefendlosangeles.com/
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90026