25 years ago i entered the U.S and stayed there for over 1 year.

New York, NY |

I returned to Canada and tried to re-enter the U.S again.I didn't know the laws back then and i presumed i would be allowed to stay.They stopped me at the border and i was denied entry nothing was charged on me they told me to get my papers sorted out then to return.I want to go to New York for 3 days now will i be denied entry please let me know.I am a Canadian citizen

You should be able to do so.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. Were you deported? There is no reason you should be inadmissible, there are no papers to sort out.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. You should be able to enter with proper I.D.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.