25 years ago i entered the U.S and stayed there for over 1 year.

Asked 9 months ago - New York, NY

I returned to Canada and tried to re-enter the U.S again.I didn't know the laws back then and i presumed i would be allowed to stay.They stopped me at the border and i was denied entry nothing was charged on me they told me to get my papers sorted out then to return.I want to go to New York for 3 days now will i be denied entry please let me know.I am a Canadian citizen

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You should be able to do so.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Stephen D. Berman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Were you deported? There is no reason you should be inadmissible, there are no papers to sort out.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should be able to enter with proper I.D.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,448 answers this week

2,762 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary