25 years ago, I was charged for domestic violence. Is there any way of removing it from my record?

San Francisco, CA |
Filed under: Domestic violence

I was in a relationship with my girlfriend.

You may investigate expunging your records, many lawyers specialize in this. take care. Make sure you expunge versus seal, a sealed record makes you look like a sex offender to most police.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Great abswer

Yes. Each state has different and specific rules for which crimes can be removed from a record and how to go about doing so. I would suggest you contact a local attorney who is familiar with the laws in your area to discuss filing a motion to set aside the judgment in your case.