25 years ago, I was charged for domestic violence. Is there any way of removing it from my record?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I was in a relationship with my girlfriend.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You may investigate expunging your records, many lawyers specialize in this. take care. Make sure you expunge versus seal, a sealed record makes you look like a sex offender to most police.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Deanna L. Kelley

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. Each state has different and specific rules for which crimes can be removed from a record and how to go about doing so. I would suggest you contact a local attorney who is familiar with the laws in your area to discuss filing a motion to set aside the judgment in your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,013 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,013 answers this week

2,945 attorneys answering