24 months chain of deeds - Title Insurance

New York, NY |

The 24 months chain of deeds calculated from our current deed to prior deed?.

If our Current Deed recorded on 01/12/2013 will i need to calculate to 01/12/2011 (24 months prior) or not?

If none of the results appears for 24 months for borrower name in Recorder Search. We need to search for grantor name to get 24 months deeds.

Please let me know. Thanks.

1. Have a title company do a title search. If you are purchasing, then have your attorney assist you. If you do not have an attorney, then get one.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

2. Huh?

My answer is for general purposes only and is not not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, nor is it advice upon which you should act or rely. But, if you really want me to tell you something upon which you can actually rely: don't eat yellow snow.

3. Usually a title company will inquire much further than 24 months prior to transfer when they are insuring title. Where did you get this time frame from?

If the property is in the City of NY you can easily access property information, including deed transfers, liens and all flings with respect to a property online through ACRIS. Do a quick Google search and if you are at all Internet savvy you should be able to get the info.

However as my colleague mentioned, a title company should be performing this search for you. It is unusual that you are doing it. And dangerous.

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.

4. As my colleagues correctly suggest, hiring an attorney for help with whatever real estate transaction you're trying to complete will be money well spent. Even if the real property records are available to the public, examining title is something you should leave in the hands of an attorney and/or a title insurance company.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.

Marriage and prenups topics