221g blue slip at Chennai consulate(F1 Visa)

Chenoa, IL |

I had my visa interview (F1-student visa) at Chennai Consulate. After interview Visa officer said I will get passport in 5 days. I went to collect my passport. But I got Form 221g blue slip along with passport.
In this form, only point B under additional information required is circled. It says:
B. You may submit the additional documents via drop box using VFS Services.
Below this, there is hand-written remark:
All ppts and documents from school showing date of birth.
So does the All ppts imply all passports? And do I need to submit only passport and documents from school showing date of birth? Are the other documents mentioned in the form applicable to me? They are not circled. And what could be the reason for asking documents containing birthdate related information?

There might be a discrepancy with regard to birth dates in SEVIS, applications etc...You submit documents only related to the box marked. I assume ppts refers to passports.

2. I agree with Counsel Davidson, ppts probably mean passports and the Consulate needs to clarify the actual date of birth. Submit only what is circled and required.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com