221g blue slip at Chennai consulate(F1 Visa)

Asked over 2 years ago - Chenoa, IL

I had my visa interview (F1-student visa) at Chennai Consulate. After interview Visa officer said I will get passport in 5 days. I went to collect my passport. But I got Form 221g blue slip along with passport.
In this form, only point B under additional information required is circled. It says:
B. You may submit the additional documents via drop box using VFS Services.
Below this, there is hand-written remark:
All ppts and documents from school showing date of birth.
So does the All ppts imply all passports? And do I need to submit only passport and documents from school showing date of birth? Are the other documents mentioned in the form applicable to me? They are not circled. And what could be the reason for asking documents containing birthdate related information?

1. Mark Davidson

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . There might be a discrepancy with regard to birth dates in SEVIS, applications etc...You submit documents only related to the box marked. I assume ppts refers to passports.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

1

Answered . I agree with Counsel Davidson, ppts probably mean passports and the Consulate needs to clarify the actual date of birth. Submit only what is circled and required.