221g Adminstrative processing

Asked 6 months ago - Metairie, LA

Hi, My whife on Cr1 interview held in jan 2014 at Islamabad Consulate, after the interview CO put him on AP 221g, CO told her everything is fine we need some office and issued green slip and kept her passport, and CO said you will get your passport winth in 2 month and it coud be early.I just want to know is there anything I can do complete this process, please help me. and what they do in 221g Adminstrative processing.

thanks....

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . Yes. You can do nothing. AP is a form of force major. It is a force of nature, so to speak, and you can do nothing but pray for its quick passage and least devastated effect possible on your chances to actually get a visa. Why? Because it is the United State Government's exercise of it's sovereign power to control who is allowed to come in. Like most sovereign powers, it is arbitrary and capricious.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . The consulate will put a visa in the passport and contact her when the process is complete.