221(g) green slip issued at Mumbai US Consulate

Chicago, IL |

I applied for visitor visa on 3rd June to attend the conference at US , this conference was been sponsored by my organization (Pharmaceutical). My parents are legal US citizen and my immigration file under F3 category (april 2006) has been kept by my parents. After interview the consulate officer gave me this Green slip and asked me to e-mail documents which i all ready sent. I do not know why I been asked for this Admin Processing where 15 of my company personals got the visa easily. How long will it take and after this what are the chances of getting visa or denial of visa. Pl help me as Its been more then 90 days.
Kartik shah.

I have clearly stated during my interview that I am going to attend the conference and going alone leaving my Twin daughters and my wife in India. The consulate officer was also convinced and she told me that she wanted to issue the visa but as duel intent on this case she needed to have more documents so when my petition for F3 case comes, there would not be any problem. But then after she gave me this Green slip with 221 (g) slip. I had my interview on 4th June.

Because they probably do not have an immigrant petition pending in their name and their respective parents are not LPR like yours.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Sir, pl kindly be specific as i am not able to understand Legal words like LPR

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Legal Permanent Resident

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Specific enough?

Thanks sir for the revert. My parents are legal and lawful US Citizen .

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I read your post. I do not understand what lawful US Citizen means. They are either LEgal Permanent Residence or United States citizens. They cannot be both.

they r legal US citizen

The issue is likely the pending immigration petition. The consulate may deny your B-1 application completely or they may grant it for a limited period of time. Argument for you to make is that your F3 case has 2006 date and visa bulletin shows current case date in 2003.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. www.visaplace.com

Sir, I have told everything during my visa interview and the consular officer was very much appreciated on my answers, she even told that She wants to grant the visa but on the case of dual intent ( I don't know what does it mean for my visa) she has to go for 221 G.

,

sir, i m not able to see any answer of yours on my question.

They will probably not issue you a visa since the immigration petition is pending.

Madam, if they does not want to give the visa then they would have issued 214 refusal . But they have issued 221 G -admin processing. further at the time interview the visa officer told clearly that she want to grant the visa but on duel intent , she had to go for 221 g. pl comment as y

pl comment as your reply and your knowledge is much more then me on this case.

Eliza Grinberg

Eliza Grinberg

You need to prove nonimmigrant intent. It is hard to do with the immigrant petition pending. They are vacillating. However, the 221g may and most likely lead to the 214 refusal.

so madam. what I need to do in this case....As I sent all the documents pertaining to my job and the sponsored letter from My Organization to Consulate.

Eliza Grinberg

Eliza Grinberg

Wait until you get your immigrant visa and them come.

The U.S. Consular Visa Section will not issue a non immigrant visa to a foreign applicant with a pending immigrant visa pending as a matter of internal policy per issued 221(g).

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Sadly even we cannot know for sure what will happen. But they are clearly worried that you will not want to return to India. 221g can take a long time. Good luck!

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.