221 (g) Administrative Processing

Asked about 2 years ago - New York, NY

I had my CR 1 interview yesterday at the US Consulate in Naples , Italy . After a few questions that I have answered correctly she asked me how I could afford all those flights to the US ( 5 trips in total ) . I told her I was working in Italy and saved some money . She then said it's not possible because they don't give so many vacations . I said yes you are right , they don't that's why I left my job on August 2011 . Also my father and my family were supporting me financially . . . she then said " I see you live in the United States " , I think she meant that I was working in the US , which is obviously not true because I was just staying one month and go back to Italy . She handed me a paper saying 221 ( g ) Pending Further Administrative Processing . What does this mean ? After waiting for almost 2 years ! ! !

Additional information

Also, am I allowed to visit my wife under the VWP?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Answered . This means that the consulate has flagged your case for further investigation and you will have to wait until it completes the administrative processing of your case. You will not be able to come to the U.S. on a visa waiver.

    Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It means you will have to wait while they investigate the case. No, you cannot enter the US on visa waiver.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Answered . I completely agree with a brief, yet excellent assessment by Counsel Ferrari and would only add that you would greatly benefit from digging your own legal hole if you retain and rely on a competent experienced immigration attorney of your choosing to avoid further drasticaly costly mistakes.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Family based green card

Citizens and permanent residents may sponsor their relatives for permanent residence in the United States.

Danielle Nelisse

Green Card Marriage Interview

The immigration interview husbands and wives are required to attend in order to get the foreign spouse their green card (lawful permanent residence) through marriage can be very anxiety... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,759 answers this week

3,694 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,759 answers this week

3,694 attorneys answering