2011 I have made a verbal agreement with a yard in USA to storage my sailboat in there property and pay every three month's,

Annapolis, MD |

The reason for that is I leave in Toronto and would be very inconvenient to pay over the phone with my credit card on monthly base, All worked fine till the management changed now I have been treated (second time) with a lien on boat because I how Oct and Nov 2013 (900.00). Are they by Law allowed to do that.(Maryland state)?

Don't lose your boat! Read through our article, linked below, about Maryland maritime liens. This is an area familiar to many of us practicing along the Chesapeake Bay. See you on the water!

You have a lien, because it is inconvenient to pay? If you want to have your boat stored, pay the fee.

You left a credit card. Were you charged ? Did management or ownership if the yard change?

**Admitted in the State Courts of MD, NJ, NY; Federal District Court of Maryland, Federal Southern District of New York, Federal Eastern District of New York, Federal District Court of New Jersey, Federal District Court of Maryland; Federal Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and The United States Supreme Court. This answer may considered an attorney advertisement. This statement does NOT constitute a full and thorough analysis of your situation. You must seek a consultation directly with an attorney. This advise does not create an attorney-client relationship - I do not know who you are. The communications posted on this forum are not priviliged as they are public and you should have no expectation of privacy. Anything you write can be used against you in a court of law. Therefore, please do not submit any confidential information. Please telephone for consultation. The sender therefor does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of timing of this message. if you have any questions about this , please call my office. In accordance with internal Revenue Service rules, any federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written by the author to be used, and cannot be used by the IRS. Please contact the author if you would like to receive written advice in a format which complies with IRS rules and may be relied upon to avoid penalties.