2 y green card expired.Have an extension letter while waiting for 10 y green card.Married.Can i apply for citizenship with lette

Orlando, FL |

or do i have to wait for an actual 10 years green card to come? I can apply for citizenship based on my married and being a green card holder for 3 years, however my question is if its sufficient to send USCIS my extension letter which is a prove of a green card?

You will have to wait until your application is approved.

Yes. I-751 must be approved. However, you can file the N-400, but it will be held up until I-751 approved.

The other lawyers are correct .. you can file now ... but it will be held up.

Talk to an attorney ... it seems like your I-751 is being held up too long.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I made a service request at Vermont Service Center and they sent me an email saying that the decision should be made within 60 days. Now the case status says that it' UNDER REVIEW. If i get a lawyer what can he do?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

An attorney can review your paperwork to see if he/she can anticipate/understand any reason for the delay ... perhaps helping you to gather evidence in preparation for an RFE, or interview.

Marriage and prenups topics