2 rottweiler's loose attacked and killed my cat on my front lawn in CA. Are the owner of the dog responsable? If so for what?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rohnert Park, CA

We filed a police report and the police would not give us the dog owners name. How do I find out who owns the dogs? THanks

The police report is finished. We are located in ROhnert Park CA. The finished police report had the dogs owner name whited out. I wanted to take them to small claims court for vet bills, but can not with out a name. thx

1. Elizabeth Lorraine Elliott

1

Answered . Often you cannot get such information until the investigation is completed. When did it occur and in what city?

This is not to be construed as legal advice. I do not have an attorney client relationship with you.
  2. Keith G Langer

Answered . You should also file a report with Animal Control. You may even get a name from AC.

Unless and until you prove ownership of the dogs, you cannot bring the small claims action.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.