2 DUIS in 5 months, and one with an accident. how much time will my mother serve?

Fresno, CA |

my mother was in an accident and was charged with a dui.
no injures, but its her second one in 5 months..and was on probation with no license.
served 3 days in jail and was out on bail..
how much time do you think she will get?

Better to consult an experienced DUI attorney in the area where your mother was arrested for the new DUI. Each county is different and the facts matter.

As a former District Attorney (in Tulare county) and former City Attorney I can tell you these are the cases a prosecutor pounces on because they will likely win at a probation revocation hearing.

It depends on the facts and the judge.... but the state has a lot of time hanging over you.

Find the best DUI lawyer you can to really look at the facts to see if there is a viable defense.
It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

Law Offices of Mark Deniz
1010 2nd Avenue, Suite 2307, San Diego, California 92101 (858) 751-4384

Consult with a DUI attorney in your area my suggestion is to get your
mother interstate licensed rehabilitation facility or get her on scram
alcohol monitoring immediately to try and reduce the time but you may spend
in custody. If it is her third DUI 120 days mandatory minimum custody is
required but it may be done in an alternative to Custody

So if she enrolls in some classes it will help with her sentencing?

Michael Jon Fremont

Michael Jon Fremont

Everything that she can do to help her with what appears to me to be an alcohol problem will be taking into consideration by the court however I strongly suggest what I had stated before

Thank you for your time.

I agree with the other attorneys. DUIs can involve some very complicated and scientific defenses... They're not nearly as clear cut as most people believe them to be. If you or your mother or able to, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney ASAP so that someone can begin developing the strategy/defense for her case.

Please don't forget to choose the "best" or most "helpful" answer. This response does not create an attorney client relationship. The information provided here should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice received by an attorney that you have retained for your specific case. If you are actually involved in a case pending in court and you have an attorney, you should speak to your attorney and follow his/her advice. The information provided here is for general purposes only.

DUI accidents topics