2 DUIS in 5 months, and one with an accident. how much time will my mother serve?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

my mother was in an accident and was charged with a dui.
no injures, but its her second one in 5 months..and was on probation with no license.
served 3 days in jail and was out on bail..
how much time do you think she will get?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Consult with a DUI attorney in your area my suggestion is to get your
    mother interstate licensed rehabilitation facility or get her on scram
    alcohol monitoring immediately to try and reduce the time but you may spend
    in custody. If it is her third DUI 120 days mandatory minimum custody is
    required but it may be done in an alternative to Custody

  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . As a former District Attorney (in Tulare county) and former City Attorney I can tell you these are the cases a prosecutor pounces on because they will likely win at a probation revocation hearing.

    It depends on the facts and the judge.... but the state has a lot of time hanging over you.

    Find the best DUI lawyer you can to really look at the facts to see if there is a viable defense.
    It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

    Law Offices of Mark Deniz
    1010 2nd Avenue, Suite 2307, San Diego, California 92101 (858) 751-4384

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Better to consult an experienced DUI attorney in the area where your mother was arrested for the new DUI. Each county is different and the facts matter.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. DUIs can involve some very complicated and scientific defenses... They're not nearly as clear cut as most people believe them to be. If you or your mother or able to, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney ASAP so that someone can begin developing the strategy/defense for her case.

    Please don't forget to choose the "best" or most "helpful" answer. This response does not create an attorney... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Second DUI

Second DUIs are subject to increased penalties, though certain factors may affect whether a DUI is actually considered a "second" offense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,074 answers this week

3,676 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,074 answers this week

3,676 attorneys answering