2 DUIS in 5 months, and one with an accident. how much time will my mother serve?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

my mother was in an accident and was charged with a dui.
no injures, but its her second one in 5 months..and was on probation with no license.
served 3 days in jail and was out on bail..
how much time do you think she will get?

1. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

2

1

Answered . Consult with a DUI attorney in your area my suggestion is to get your
    mother interstate licensed rehabilitation facility or get her on scram
    alcohol monitoring immediately to try and reduce the time but you may spend
    in custody. If it is her third DUI 120 days mandatory minimum custody is
    required but it may be done in an alternative to Custody

2. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

1

1

Answered . As a former District Attorney (in Tulare county) and former City Attorney I can tell you these are the cases a prosecutor pounces on because they will likely win at a probation revocation hearing.

It depends on the facts and the judge.... but the state has a lot of time hanging over you.

Find the best DUI lawyer you can to really look at the facts to see if there is a viable defense.
    It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

Law Offices of Mark Deniz
    1010 2nd Avenue, Suite 2307, San Diego, California 92101 (858) 751-4384

3. Joshua Kaizuka

Pro

1

Answered . Better to consult an experienced DUI attorney in the area where your mother was arrested for the new DUI. Each county is different and the facts matter.

4. Amy Katherine Guerra

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. DUIs can involve some very complicated and scientific defenses... They're not nearly as clear cut as most people believe them to be. If you or your mother or able to, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney ASAP so that someone can begin developing the strategy/defense for her case.