2 counts of Indecent liberties/minor (in public) drng a manic bi polar episode . What evidence is sufficient to take to trial?

Defendant ran out of his house during a manic episode. He allegedly touched two minors and exposed himself. It took 6 officers to subdue him and bring to state hospital where he was recently diagnosed with being bi-polar. Does it look like the charges will stick considering he was manic? if so what evidence is needed to make it to a trial if he pleads innocent? His drug tests came up clean. His priors were for DWI and driving without a license in 2009. Thanks for your help!

Huntersville, NC -

Ernest Clarke Dummit

Ernest Clarke Dummit

Criminal Defense Attorney - Winston-salem, NC

That is too broad to begin answer here have him get a good lawyer he should have some good defenses

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

No way to answer your post except to say the individual needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

John Douglas Lloyd

John Douglas Lloyd

Criminal Defense Attorney - Birmingham, AL

I agree with my colleague. This is an extremely serious situation. This defendant needs to get an attorney as soon as possible.

To your specific questions, just because he was "manic" doesn't mean he can't be held accountable for his actions. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Related Advice