2 counts of Indecent liberties/minor (in public) drng a manic bi polar episode . What evidence is sufficient to take to trial?

Huntersville, NC |

Defendant ran out of his house during a manic episode. He allegedly touched two minors and exposed himself. It took 6 officers to subdue him and bring to state hospital where he was recently diagnosed with being bi-polar. Does it look like the charges will stick considering he was manic? if so what evidence is needed to make it to a trial if he pleads innocent? His drug tests came up clean. His priors were for DWI and driving without a license in 2009. Thanks for your help!

1. No way to answer your post except to say the individual needs a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

2. I agree with my colleague. This is an extremely serious situation. This defendant needs to get an attorney as soon as possible.

To your specific questions, just because he was "manic" doesn't mean he can't be held accountable for his actions. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

Disclaimer: No attorney client privilege is established by receiving an answer to your question on Avvo. This answer is provided for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to visit my Avvo profile or website -- www.AfterTheTrial.com -- to set up an appointment to talk more about your issue. As required by Rule 7.2(e), Alabama Rules of Professional Conduct, no representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

3. That is too broad to begin answer here have him get a good lawyer he should have some good defenses