2 cimts on a legal permanent resident's record. It has been over 5 years since both incidents occured. can one apply for citizen

Asked over 1 year ago - Falls Church, VA

My cousin commited 2 misdemeanor embezzlemnts both under 200 dollars. He has no family back home, we are all U.S. citizens. He has had a clean record for the past 5 years and would like to apply for naturalization. is there any possibility his application would be accepted given his cirumstances whenhe commited those crimes. he was really young, he has no family in his origin country and he has a degree in radiology and is working at a hospital now.

1. Peter Anthony Jabaly

Pro

4

Answered . Do not file for anything before consulting privately with an attorney. The USCIS has the discretion to consider the crimes committed and likely will. In addition, depending on the sentence, your cousin may be deportable. Your cousin should speak to an attorney in his area. I'm located in Alexandria, Virginia.

2. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . One is subject to removal for 2 CIMT's, he should file nothing if he wants to stay in the U.S.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

4

Answered . Before considering whether the naturalization application will be approved, he should ensure he is not inadmissible due to CIMT. I cannot stress enough, in this case, how important it is to have the case reviewed by an experienced immigration attorney.