1st 6 pt speeding ticket. Possible to reach out to the cop to see if he would dismiss the ticket-my dad is a retired cop?

once the ticket is issued, is it impossible to negate it? suffolk county,hearing in happague pleaded NG

North Babylon, NY -

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Matisyahu Wolfberg

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Monsey, NY

You can always try to contact the cop, assuming he is prosecuting the matter himself, and this is not in the TVB, it might not be improper.

Otherwise, it is improper to contact a witness on a case.
Matisyahu Wolfberg
www.SpeedingDefense.com
NY Traffic Ticket Defense Attorney

Daniel Alexander Jimenez

Daniel Alexander Jimenez

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Bohemia, NY

There have been so many ticket fixing, or police courtesy, scandals lately that I would not advise you to count on being able to get the ticket taken care of in that matter. Your best bet would be to hire an attorney familiar with the TVB to fight this ticket for you.

TVB is an all or nothing court where you cannot negotiate with a prosecutor (since there is none). You will either be found guilty or not guilty. With the supposed closure of the TVB court in April and Suffolk moving forward with their own traffic court the chances of dismissal or plea bargaining may be increased.

Additionally, with a 6 point ticket you would be subject to the New York State Driver Responsibility Assessment. This means that if you get 6 points within 18 months, the DMV will charge you an additional $100 per year for 3 years = $300 to keep your license. This is in addition to any fines and surcharges you pay on the tickets. A defensive Driver Course doesn't exempt you from having to pay the assessment.

Daniel A Jimenez
Law Office of Daniel A Jimenez P.C.
80 Orville Drive, Suite 100
Bohemia, New York 11716
631-244-1534

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Garden City, NY

No. That doesn't work.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

You will get no special privileges in that or any court because your dad is a retired cop. You need to retain counsel.

Zev Goldstein

Zev Goldstein

I have read stories of this nature.

Being that this is not a legal question, you are asking the wrong crowd.

You could hire a attorney if you want a legal solution.