1999 p/bargain in CA misdemeanor sexual battery judge didn't order registration . why is state making me? can i take back plea?

Asked over 1 year ago - Modesto, CA

wife was accusser and supports efforts to undo case. says her witness statement was incorrect.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John M. Kaman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can't take the plea back now. As far as registration goes the Courts do not consider it punishment so the laws can be changed and updated as to who must register. Talk to an attorney who specializes in registrable offenses.

  2. Matthew Clinton Smith

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The courts say that this is not a violation of the ex post facto provision of the constitution.

  3. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot take back the plea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,268 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,268 answers this week

3,212 attorneys answering