1998 Robert Roy Davis was chased by an Alameda police officer and because of the police chase he wrecked his truck and died.

Alameda, CA |

After Robert Roy Davis death the Alameda PD never did an evaluation that would prove the real cause of his death. In the report he hit a poll and crashed his truck and died. The problem was the truck was taken to a tow yard and the wife never got any evidence of her husband death history. The wife would request more info on her husband death to the Alameda PD and the wife was taken by the Alameda PD to a mental ward for an evaluation. Her husband bank accounts were taken at the time of her husbands death. She became homeless and had no help at the time. Later she filed a lawsuit on her own to recover her husband accounts and estate that was left to him. If you know of a lawyer to help Marlene Davis call 510-521-8312

If you are a lawyer you can look up the domain web page and look up RG12625788 Case under John Coler-Dark, Carole Diane Coler-Dark

1. I would advise you to consult a local attorney for advice. I would also advise not posting so much personal information on a public forum.

2. Consult with a local civil rights lawyer for direction and assistance. Good luck.

3. What is she trying to accomplish? In this situation the police very likely have complete immunity. Additionally it is very likely that the statute of limitations on many, if not all, claims have likely run.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Police misconduct topics