18 years old and have not yet had a job. Will this effect bringing my wife back to the USA on the CR1 visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

She is from a VWP country. We have been internet dating for 18 months, and met during that time. When I turned 18 we spent a few months together, and I went back to her country with her, and we got married spur of the moment. I want to bring her back to the USA with me, but I am worried my lack of earnings, well, ever, will effect that. We have many close friends who are willing to co-sponsor who do make the required level of income. Will this work in our favor?
Also, she is older than me, and this is a genuine relationship. We have many supporting documents, and the support of family and friends.

1. Irene Vaisman

5

Answered . from your post, my understanding is that your wife is still in her country. You can file the I-130 and after approval, go through consular processing. You will need a joint sponsor. As always it is best to work with an attorney.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

Answered . No need to worry about your lack of earnings. You will simply need to obtain a co-sponsor. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for guidance.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Yes - will need a co-sponsor.