18, a senior in an online high school, if I move can I be placed under arrest for "running away".

I'm 18, I live in with my Aunt. I want to move out and live with my friend. Can I be placed under arrest for moving out? I was told that since I'm still in school, I can still be arrested, or told to stay at my current home.

Pittsburgh, PA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Media, PA

No, you are an adult once you turn 18. You are free to move anywhere you please. I recommend that you complete your education and get a diploma no matter where youy move

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063

E-mail: custody@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

You are now an adult, and have the freedom and obligations that go along with that. Good luck.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.