Skip to main content

17 yr old runs away, what can we possibly do?

Owensville, MO |

Our 17 yr old ran away and when we called the police we were told they couldnt do anything about it, they refused to even take a runaway report. We have read in several places that without the report we are responsible for any type of bills or legal issues she may get into.
She also has a history of cutting herself and threating suicide by cutting her wrists, she does see a therapist over this and several other issues. The officer said there is nothing we can do , she is legally an adult and free to leave home.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You may seek to become his/her guardian alleging incapacity. A family law attorney can help. I encourage you to contact someone in central MO soon.

    NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics