17 year old sexually assaulted 16 year old girlfriend? What can he be sentenced for if he did it when she said no?

Santa Monica, CA |

He fingered her and tried to put his penis inside of her, penis touched her vagina but there was no pentration.

1. He could be charged with several sez crimes. The DA could even try him as an adult on these types of charges. He could be sentenced to anywhere from no time in custody to several years. On these facts, I would presume he would do some time, but without knowing the whole story, there is really no way to acurately predict the outcome............David Wallin

2. Rape and attempted rape comes most readily to mind and I belive could result in a sentence, as GF was under 18 , of upto 11 years and a requirement to register as a sex offender. He could be tried as an adult and sent to prison see welfare and institutions code section 707(b)(4).
    The boy need competent counsel.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

3. It sounds like attempted rape--sexual battery at the very least. Without additional facts, it is difficult to predict what the sentence would be, but he could be tried as an adult, which carries harsher penalties, including lifetime registration. If possible, consult with an attorney prior to the court date.