Skip to main content

17 year old pulled over for 54 in 35, can his license be suspended or not? this is the first offense.

West Chester, OH |

he has been driving for about a year and we greatly rely on his help to transport our other kids as my wife has ms and I work long hours, also what is the appearance in court like

, he is a resident of west chester but the violation occurred in hamilton near his school

Attorney Answers 3


Yes, the court can suspend his license. I suggest strongly that you hire an attorney with expeirence in juvenile cases to assist you. It can save you a lot of money and hassle in the future. The points and suspension can affect your insurance and his future insurability. Good luck.

If you like this answer follow Beck Law Office, L.L.C. on facebook

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
Beavercreek, Ohio
(937)510-6110 phone

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Mark as helpful


The court can suspend his license. You may want to hire a lawyer to assist your son with this.

Mark as helpful


In addition to the other answers, it is possible for a juvy court to grant driving privileges during a suspension after your son jumps through some hoops: a safety class, essay, maybe even a little community service (I know sounds ridiculous but juvy courts have lots of discretion.) It is a good thing that he was not 20 mph over the speed limit because that would cause more headache. Since you rely on him for transport, it would be a very good idea to hire an attorney who has experience in the particular court which has jurisdiction. Sometimes the "pain" can be reduced.

This post is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

Mark as helpful

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics