17, pregnant, moving out

Asked about 1 year ago - Oxford, WI

I am 17 and i am pregnant. I heard that in the state of Wisconsin, if with child, you can choose to live with the father of your child at the age of 17. I want to make sure this is true, before acting on it and making a fool of myself. I just would rather have my son live with both of his parents, instead of bouncing around two homes. Especially since his father and i are staying together and want to raise our son in a loving family environment. Is there anything that could help this process go faster? Our son is due in the end of September, and we'd like to have a home established for our baby before he is born.

1. Gregory J. Jerabek

Pro

2

Answered . This is not true. In fact, the father of the child may be guilty of a crime depending on how old you were when you got pregnant and presumably had sex with him.

The bottom line is that you are a minor, and your parents can still control where you live. Having a child of your own doesn't change the fact that you are still, in the eyes of the law, a child as well.