16 year old boy with a 25 year old man.

Newton, NJ |

My son is 16 and I've been informed he's been hanging out with a 25 year old man I'm not sure if they are doing anything like is this ok my sons gonna be 17 soon also so I'm not sure if this is legal.

Sorry, am missing the question.

I think you are asking if anything inappropriate is going on between the two. I would ask your son. If so or if you are suspicious, report this person to the police. If not I see no legal case here.

Michael Douglas Shafer

Michael Douglas Shafer

Was that it? Had no clue.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

I am just asking a stab in the dark here....

We'll my son swears nothing going on but my son been acting weird and in New Jersey age of consent is 16 so my understanding is that if my son agrees to do what he does with this man I can't do anything

Michael Douglas Shafer

Michael Douglas Shafer

As of this year, the age of majority in NJ is 16. You can exert parental authority if you believe something untoward is occurring.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Or if the 25 year old is involving your son in any illegal activities.

Ok thank you I'm gonna do a back round on this guy and see who he is.

David B Pittman

David B Pittman

Good luck. You must be a caring , aware parent. Good for you!

Mr. Pittman states the correct response.

The author provides the preceding information as a service to the public. Author's response, as stated above, should not be considered legal advice. An initial attorney-client conference, based upon review of all relevant facts/documents, will be necessary to provide legal advice upon which the client should then rely.

Not really a legal question presented- more of a common sense answer every parent should immediately know the answer to. The fact that you gave birth but apparently lack the judgment to answer this on your own is astounding. The answer should be clear to you- I cringe for the future.

Michael V Elward

Michael V Elward

PS this means the answer is yes- its highly inappropriate. Unless your son happens to be a 16 year old left-handed phenom hanging out with the pitching coach of the NY Yankees Clear enough?