Skip to main content

15 year old runaway on probation wants to turn herself in but has no attorney, how does she do this?

Fremont, OH |

15 year old ran away Sat night . She is on probation for basically probation violations . She ran because she was scared and didn't want to go back to jail after her mom called police to report her out after curfew . Reality has set in and she realizes running was the biggest mistake . She would like to turn herself in but is fearful she'll receive a long term stay in JD . She has no legal counsel and her PO is less than understanding . Our county has court appointed attorneys so she can't consult with him / her prior to her turning herself in . What should she do ? Thank you

Attorney Answers 3

  1. she should call her probation officer and arrange a date and time to turn herself in to juvenile detention.

    Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not permit confidential communication.

  2. She should turn herself in to the probation officer and request court appointed counsel be provided. Hiring an attorney prior to this would be preferred but it sounds like that is not an option. Good luck.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

  3. Turning herself in would show that she is learning to behave responsibly. Preferably, she should do this early in the day, on a Monday-Thursday, to maximize her chance of getting a prompt hearing before the judge on the issue of her continued detention.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics