15 U.S.C.A. § 45(a)(1)) Can A single consumer sue for unfair and deceptive business practices in a federal court (not state)

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

can a single consumer sue a business for unfair and deceptive business practice under the 15 U.S.C.A. § 45(a)(1)).

Thank you for your answer......
And please don't answer if you suggest me to consult an attorney no matter how complex it is ...

1. David Michael Kasell

Pro

Answered . I am a consumer rights attorney and had to look up this section. I looked and do not see a private right of action. It looks like only the FTC is able to bring a case under this law.