15 day premium processing put on hold for H1b visa transfer petition. Notice mailed. Do they fax over the notice or mail it?

Phoenix, AZ |

On April 2, 2013, 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the reason. This is what USCIS's website states. Probably because Cali service center CSC was closed for 2 days due to plumbing/flooding. The online status does not state when was the application received. My petition was mailed on Mar 22nd. I asked for 15 days to start at new job. Wanted to start after getting an approval. But seems like 2 days of office closure has created havoc at CSC and I have to start working at new employer with just the receipt of H1b transfer petition. So does my lawyer has to wait for the mail or the notice would be faxed to him/her? At leaset if I could know why they put hold on premium processing.

1. Talk to your lawyer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.