14yr.old son court ordered on 6.1.12 to state detention facilitiy until next court date 6.20.12

Lakeville, MA |

Has not recieved perscrition medication Prozac & Trazone to date. Called home yesterday saying he wants to commit sucide.

I believe that by not providing him his medication he is detriagrating quickly. Saying he wants to kill himself over the grief he feels for the crime. He looks awful can't sleep. I would like to know if we could win a negilent case due to causing him harmful side effects due to their taking so long to provide him his preascribed medication

1. What is your question?

Attorney Lauren Craig Redmond ~ 617.953.6116 ~ No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any email or phone conversation.

2. I understand that it must be heart wrenching to receive a phone call like that as parents.

Your son as a pre-trial detainee, is protected by the Eighth Amendment which gives inmates the right to be free from inhumane conditions and "cruel and unusual" punishment.

Talk to a civil rights lawyer about this.

Jennifer Wang, esq. Tel. 617.221.3030 The above serves as opinion only and does not create legal representation relationships.

3. Your son should be represented by an attorney in the criminal matter -- have you spoken to that attorney about your concerns?

E. Alexandra "Sasha" Golden is a Massachusetts lawyer. All answers are based on Massachusetts law. All answers are for educational purposes and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to a question.

4. Call the facility ASAP

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net

(978) 749-3606

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

PLEASE NOTE that:

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
    any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
    computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
    intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
    computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
    which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
    If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
    a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
    for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
    above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
    work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
    reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
    responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
    hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
    review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
    please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
    message.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

5. I have had clients held in custody many times. You need to call his pediatrician and have the doctor fax scripts to the facility. Please do this ASAP as it is clear that your son is suffering.

Best of luck.

Valerie Semensi, Esq. @ 781.383.1940

6. Have his doctor fax a prescription to the facility and follow up with a phone call to make sure they received it.

Visit us at www.bostonsbestlawyer.com or call (781) 816-3950 for a free consultation. We handle Criminal Defense and Divorce Law throughout Massachusetts. Located in Boston, Andover and Danvers, MA. - Cases involving Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, Theft, Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony, Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity, Juveniles, Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders.

7. You need to call the facility ASAP. Call his attorney as well. Call his doctor and advise him or her of the situation and provide relevant phone numbers for him or her to contact.

It is always difficult to grasp the full extent of any legal issue from a brief introduction to a limited set of facts. If you are experiencing a situation that needs legal attention it is always best to set up a consultation with an attorney and go over the facts in greater detail. If you decide to enter into a professional relationship with an attorney hours of research will go into analyzing your case, so please do not expect that anything posted here should be relied upon without substantial further review.

Juvenile law topics