14yr.old son court ordered on 6.1.12 to state detention facilitiy until next court date 6.20.12

Asked over 2 years ago - Lakeville, MA

Has not recieved perscrition medication Prozac & Trazone to date. Called home yesterday saying he wants to commit sucide.

Additional information

I believe that by not providing him his medication he is detriagrating quickly. Saying he wants to kill himself over the grief he feels for the crime. He looks awful can't sleep. I would like to know if we could win a negilent case due to causing him harmful side effects due to their taking so long to provide him his preascribed medication

Attorney answers (7)

  1. E. Alexandra Golden

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your son should be represented by an attorney in the criminal matter -- have you spoken to that attorney about your concerns?

    E. Alexandra "Sasha" Golden is a Massachusetts lawyer. All answers are based on Massachusetts law. All answers are... more
  2. Lauren Craig Redmond

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What is your question?

    Attorney Lauren Craig Redmond ~ 617.953.6116 ~ No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any... more
  3. Jennifer Wang

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I understand that it must be heart wrenching to receive a phone call like that as parents.

    Your son as a pre-trial detainee, is protected by the Eighth Amendment which gives inmates the right to be free from inhumane conditions and "cruel and unusual" punishment.

    Talk to a civil rights lawyer about this.

    Jennifer Wang, esq. Tel. 617.221.3030 The above serves as opinion only and does not create legal representation... more
  4. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Call the facility ASAP

    henry lebensbaum, esq.

    300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

    Andover, ma 01810


    (978) 749-3606

    I usually check email every few hours during the day.

    (by appointment only)

    PLEASE NOTE that:

    (1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
    any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
    computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
    intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
    computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
    which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
    If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
    a different mode, please advise me at once.

    The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
    for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
    above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
    work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
    reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
    responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
    hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
    review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
    please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  5. Valerie J. Semensi

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I have had clients held in custody many times. You need to call his pediatrician and have the doctor fax scripts to the facility. Please do this ASAP as it is clear that your son is suffering.

    Best of luck.

    Valerie Semensi, Esq. @ 781.383.1940

  6. Michael Rodney St Louis Esq.

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Have his doctor fax a prescription to the facility and follow up with a phone call to make sure they received it.

    Visit us at www.bostonsbestlawyer.com or call (781) 816-3950 for a free consultation. We handle Criminal... more
  7. Jessica L. Burke

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to call the facility ASAP. Call his attorney as well. Call his doctor and advise him or her of the situation and provide relevant phone numbers for him or her to contact.

    It is always difficult to grasp the full extent of any legal issue from a brief introduction to a limited set of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,834 answers this week

2,952 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,834 answers this week

2,952 attorneys answering