Skip to main content

130/485 are outside normal processing times

Bowman, ND |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband petitioned for me the I 130 n 485 forms in july 2012 . We were interviewed in December 2012 and we have been married for almost four years. Everytime i call uscis customer care they claim to be filing a service request and on it is states its pending adjudication. Who does the adjudication and when? What is taking so long. We have even moved changed states because of my husband's job. Is this a reason? What should i do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can make an InfoPass appointment or hire an attorney if you wish. Please see

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


It very well could be. Did you file a change of address within 10 days of moving as you were supposed to?

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.



Yes i did change my address with them.


Moving without updating your address with the USCIS could be one of the reasons. I would highly recommend you to hire an immigration attorney at this point.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer