130/485 are outside normal processing times

Asked 8 months ago - Bowman, ND

My husband petitioned for me the I 130 n 485 forms in july 2012 . We were interviewed in December 2012 and we have been married for almost four years. Everytime i call uscis customer care they claim to be filing a service request and on it is states its pending adjudication. Who does the adjudication and when? What is taking so long. We have even moved changed states because of my husband's job. Is this a reason? What should i do.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . You can make an InfoPass appointment or hire an attorney if you wish. Please see

2. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

Answered . It very well could be. Did you file a change of address within 10 days of moving as you were supposed to?

3. Katja Anneli Charlotta Hedding

Pro

Answered . Moving without updating your address with the USCIS could be one of the reasons. I would highly recommend you to hire an immigration attorney at this point.