120 days N400

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

I went to local office to ask the officer told me she will aprove my case and she will put me on this month ceremony but the ceremony is on the 24 and dont got nothing I check online and said post decision under supervisor review how long will take if she said she will appeove me and just 14 for the ceremony

1. No matter what the officer told you, all she did was "recommend" you for approval (Look at the notification you were handed at the conclusion of your N-400 interview. That's what it states. After that it goes to supervisory review for "quality control" of the decision. Often this amounts to no more than a supervisor glancing at the approval and "rubber stamping" (agreeing with) it, but sometimes supervisors simply "sit" on these and take their sweet time, OR once in a while discover something or an issue that was overlooked by the interviewing officer.

By law USCIS has up to 4 months or 120 days after an interview during which to render a decision on an application or petition. You'll know soon enough within the next 4 months (or hopefully before). Just be patient. And for your own sake, don't rely too much (or not at all) on the online case status report, for these typically lag behind, not by days.. but by weeks!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. repost. read my answer elsewhere.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. USCIS has 120 days to make a decision. If not made within those 120 days, you have the option to take the case to Federal Court.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.