100% not at fault motorcycle accident. Please help, really scared!

Asked about 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

I was stopped at a red light on my motorcycle waiting for it to turn green. A pick-up decided not to stop, rear-ended me, totalled my bike. I've been seen at urgent care, ER (10K just for the ER), physiologists, ortho surgeons, neuro surgeons, and neurologists. My dx so far per physician, MRI, CT, etc. Stage 3 concussion, C spine from C5-C7 acute damage including reversing the curvature of my C spine, lacerated discs, bulging discs, etc. I've had a C spine block, occipital nerve block, out of work for min 6-8 weeks (77k salary) so far. My C spine will need neuro surgery eventually. Between the guy who hit me and the UIM on my bike and truck doesn't even cover med bills, let alone PT, time out of work, hate to say pain and suffering but it hurts, now on FMLA. What do I do, please help!

Attorney answers (7)

  1. Walter Rivera

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Its possible that you may have other insurance coverages besides your motorcycle coverage that will add to the amount of coverage you already know about. It is also possible to negotiate with your medical providers in an attempt to reduce your medical bills. Feel free to call 480-332-8024 and I will be happy to answer your questions.

  2. Mark A Kille

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I concur with the other 2 gentlemen who have answered so far. You definitely need to contact a competent injury attorney to be advised of your legal options available. Besides past medical bills, it appears you have a substantial lost wage claim as well, and will require future medical care. You likely will have liens against your settlement which an experienced attorney can help you reduce, putting more of your result in your own pocket.

  3. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . A personal injury lawyer may be able to uncover more insurance, thus, contact one asap.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Kevin Coluccio

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You really need to contact a personal attorney in your community. Check the AVVO site for lawyers in the Phoenix area. The lawyer can review all issues and share the best options.

  5. Adam Wayne Scheinbach

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Find a lawyer to represent your rights. This is a case of negligence against the pickup truck driver and owner that most expereinced lawyers will be willing to handle for you on a contingency fee basis, meaning no lawyer fee unless money is successfully recovered for you.

  6. C. Andrew Campbell

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to contact a personal injury attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. There may be (or their may not be) additional insurance coverage that could apply, or their could be other individuals or entities that might also be liable for damage.

    Good luck and contact an attorney soon to discuss.

    This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney... more
  7. Howard Robert Roitman

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond.

    Coming in 2013: Affordable Insurance Exchanges
    An Exchange is a new transparent and competitive insurance marketplace where individuals and small businesses can buy affordable and qualified health benefit plans. Open enrollment begins in the Fall of 2013.

    Coming in 2014: Tax Credits for Families
    Tax credits to help the middle class afford insurance will become available for those with income between 100% and 400% of the poverty line who are not eligible for other affordable coverage.

    The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Related Topics

Damages for personal injuries

Damages in personal injury cases generally compensate victims for their losses, but some damages are also meant to punish the injurer.

William J. Driscoll

Wrongful Death 101 (Kentucky)

Statute of Limitations: Wrongful death cases must be filed within 2 years of the date of death, but no later than one year from the appointment of the executor or administrator in probate... more

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,518 answers this week

3,335 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,518 answers this week

3,335 attorneys answering