10 years in prison?

Filed under: Criminal defense

i have 3 warrants for my arrest
probation violation 1. hit and run 2. Dui 3.
all misdemeanor warrants. i had a retired lawyer
tell me i am looking at 10 years in prison if im caught.
is he right? that seems kinda stiff for misdemeanor's.

1. You don't get sentenced to prison for misdemeanor offenses.

2. You are looking at County Jail time, up to 3 years. You likely won't get anywhere near that. You should hire an attorney to see if the amount of jail time can be reduced.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

3. You will not get prison time on these misdemeanor warrants. You could however get county jail time, determined by the exposure left on each of the charges. You should defintiely hire an attorney to go to court with you. The attorney can explain to the court the circumstances surrounding the warrants and offer an alternative resolution, which the judge may accept. Good Luck