Skip to main content

10 years green card

Atlanta, GA |

I had my interview green card interview based on marriage almost two years ago and we had go go back to bring more evidences and we had separated interview, everything went well , got my Green card and in a few months I have to apply again for the 10 years card and would like to know if we have to go for an interview again since it was separated the first time...

Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Hi Lucy,

Whether the USCIS will schedule you for a second interview will depend upon the evidence that you will submit with your petition to remove conditions on your conditional residency. Since you had a "separated" interviews, it might be in your best interest to retain an attorney to help you put together a strong I-751. Feel free to contact me or one of my colleagues with help on your case.


Interviews for I751s depend on a variety of factors, including the nature of your adjustment interview (whether separated or not), the evidence in support of the I751, pure luck. You can always consult with and hire an attorney to maximize your chances of success.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


This is unclear. It depends upon how the last interviews went as well as the evidence presented in the next petition to remove the condition on permanent resident status. If you and your wife had to be separated, then there must have been something incomplete or troubling that happened during the interview. However, these concerns were overcome.

I strongly recommend that you consider hiring a competent and experienced immigration attorney to help document your marriage, when you file your I-751 joint petition. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues. It's important to provide substantial evidence with your application to remove conditions of your GC. USCIS might schedule another interview or not. If they are satisfied with the evidence provided, it's possible to simply get your new GC in the mail, but no attorney can guarantee this will happen.

Feel free to call my office if you would like to discuss your case further.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer